I've considered making a whole soft spoken video on this, and thought this blog post might be a good reminder to myself to do so.
I like all sorts of music, but the one genre that has stayed with me my entire life is classical music. There is something about this genre, where words aren't needed to purvey the perfect meaning to mood and thats what I adore. Classical and orchestral music can make you feel like a warrior, help you exercise, relax and everything in between. I don't call myself to be an expert with the artists behind the music however, I simply am just drawn to music which creates a powerful atmosphere.
In regards to other genres, I have loved rock and metal ever since I was introduced to them. Growing up, I was surrounded by the music my mum loved, and so I grew fond of everything from Britney Spears to Green Day. I remember the first 'alternative' band I ever listened to was because of my brother, and that was Animal I have Become by Three Days Grace, and to this day I love TDG, (even with the new singer, Matt).
I had a phase of enjoying 'screamo'. Lets just say, that didn't last very long. I'm pretty sure I listened to it because it was the 'trendy' genre to listen to. But what that did do for me, was enforce my love for rock and metal.
Now I listen to just about anything. I am in love with Avatar, a Swedish based death metal inspired band. I love Five Finger Death Punch, Pet Shop Boys, one hit wonders from the 80's (Human League etc.), but I still obsess over Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson and 'Hayley Westerna's cover of we'll meet again' still brings a tear to my eye.
So there you go, i'm not sure if this provided any detailed insight but myargh! :)
What do you enjoy listening to?
Thursday, 2 April 2015
This post was made in the hopes of being humorous. These of course do not correspond to every single ASMR content creator and the lists are certainly not exhaustive by any means. I don't know why this heading is so big, it won't let me reduce the size of it. Ahh!
- The comment section can bring joy to what could have been a bad day
- You are able to help people do a fundamental action
- Be as expressive as you wish
- Send out a positive message
- Boost confidence levels for you and the viewer
- 'Mastering' whispering without coughing out a lung
- Learn new skills with unfamiliar software and hardware
- Make friends
- You hate every noise on Earth that conflicts with your recording
- The long daunting task of editing
- Record typically really late at night
- Having 1000 ideas and not having the props to fulfill those ideas
- Having 1000 ideas and not having the time to fulfill those ideas
- Having 1000 ideas and not having the rendering power to fulfill those ideas
- Begin to obsess over background noise